Pages

July 28, 2011

Hanging with Mr. Cardigan

Remember when the TGIF line-up was the best part of your week?  I so do not miss the 90's.

So, yesterday we checked out the master-bath and our plans for it.  Today we are gonna talk about the adjoining room (can a closet be considered a room?), the closet.

Now, it's not the biggest closet in the world, nor it is the brightest, or even the sexiest.  But we are lucky in that it's a really good sizes for us (non-clothing-hording people that we are).  And we want to bring in some spiff-i-fication (I may trademark that word).

To refresh your memories, here is what our closet looks now (sans clothes):


And after dreaming and hoping and drooling all over my keyboard (pinterest) these were some inspiration pics that really spoke to me, and will also coordinate pretty well with our bathroom colors.



I really like the idea of having a stenciled wall, on at least the back wall there.  I think it will really add something special to what really could be considered an overgrown dresser you can fit your whole body into.

And (bane of my existence) the wire shelves haunt me here too.  Though I'm thinking up a solution to them.  Not yet sure if it's gonna work.  It involves covering the wire shelving though, since there is nothing wrong with the utility of them, just that they hurt my soul.

Now, lighting, as you will know, is also important.  I'd like a bit more light in this room, and the boob light isn't doing it for me (there are times and places for boobs, and the ceiling is not one of those places).  I purused the internets, and looked at some of my favorite sites for options that will coordinate with bathroom lighting and metal finishes.

This light (from shadesoflight.com) is actually the one I want.  However, as this is a closet, and this beauty is $250, it will have to be reserved for some other place in the house (wouldn't it be LOVELY in the foyer?  I thought so too!).




Searching more I found that HD is having a 20-70% sale (what a random range) and found this one.



Although it's not my favorite (see above) it still has some really nice feminine qualities that I am enjoying.  The best part is the price.  $35. Uh huh.  Marked down from $80.  And I think it will make pretty shadows.  Craig has given his grudging approval.

As for paint...well I'm leaning towards a muted dusty pink.  Then we will contrast with a lighter shade of pink, OR with a lighter shade of the gray that will go on the cabinets.  Or maybe we haven't quite decided yet.

I might even bring in a small rug for some more geometrics (chevron anyone?) like maybe this one from RugsUSA.com (which is not a chevron pattern I know):


So ultimately (with a little awful ms paint) we have something like this:


Thoughts?
I believe we will do bathroom first and leave closet for a little longer, but they will be done in somewhat-tandem.  And yes, the shelves will be removed for painting, maybe.  Or I'll just be lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment