Pages

June 28, 2011

Laundry Room Project Update!

I know you are all raring for a project reveal...

The real before and after will have to come after the weekend (or maybe a little later) as we have modified our plan for more spiff-i-fi-cation.  We have a run into the city planned on Saturday, before we watch the Braves play.

This is what we started with:



Our original inspiration photo was all soft and whitewashed:


After going to Home Depot and asking for a color match on a Valspar paint, I realized the color had much less brown undertone than I originally expected.  Because of that, it did end up going a bit better with the tile we chose, however some of the original concept wouldn't quite work.

I brought my mad Paint.exe skills to the house and came up with this after Craig suggested we remedy the hideous not quite fantastic wire shelf with full-on cabinets.


I was feeling the lush chocolate and grey scheme.  Now which accent color?  We could do orange, teal or lime green.  All of which are in my fav color rotation and which I happen to have fabric for.

Back to the original mood board I went.  Too blah I decided.  We are trying to get away from BLAH in this house.  I don't want to be safe!  I worked on this moodboard to convince Craig it would be cohesive once everything was there.  After switching out the fabric swatches I was SOLD on the orange.




Don't you love that light?  Although it's a pendant, I'm hoping we can hang it high so it grazes the ceiling.  It comes in 3 different sizes, 14" 17" and 21", I'm certain at least the smallest one won't have Craig banging his head on the fixture everytime he does laundry.

We will post 'in-progress' shots of the tiling and painting later today or tomorrow.  Once the cabinets are hung and all the other details come together we will gave yah the big Before & After.  I think it's gonna be pretty spectacular.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment