Pages

June 20, 2011

Where Clothes Get Clean

The Laundry Room will, by necessity, be our first project.  The lino in there makes me toss and turn at night is just not all that, and I'd rather not have to lift our front loaders out just to re-do the floor.

So, as our house will be empty til the weekend, the laundry room will be re-floored, painted and spiff-i-fied this week.

Pinterest is decor crack, I warn you now.  It is impossible not to be inspired when you have beautiful images of tile and paint and furnishings that are hand-picked by like minded individuals with a penchant for design.  So to get inspired for the laundry room I went a-browsing.

Sans picture of laundry room (sorry none in the listing pics) I shall describe what we have to work with.  A 6" x 6" box at the end of the upstairs hall, no window and I believe (maybe?) it has a double cabinet above the hook-ups.  I honestly can't remember, so I'm making plans for both cabinet-ed and cabinet-less room.

First....the inspiration (vis pinterest).


Liking the airiness and old-world charm.  The off-white cream and powder grey look so classic.  Tick off the warmth check box for the organic materials (baskets, wood flooring, woven rug, upholstered linen chair)

I think I can work with this in a budget friendly manner. 

Here is my spin:

Going to go with a vinyl floor (more on that odessey to come) and a grey-brown color on the wall.  We would love a counter top above the washer and dryer, thinking a pre-fab butcher board piece from IKEA, stained dark to give us some contrast.  The fabric will be used in place of back splash, to give some dimension and texture to the room.  The accent color is still up in the air, though if there are cabinets above the hook-ups we will go with the grey-blue in the inspiration pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment